Saturday, March 6, 2010

My First Blog

Who would of thought? A blog? Not me! I find that I'm the type that likes to share what I believe. But I usually get strange looks when I share. I have a nagging suspicion that people may actually think I'm strange. And I think I'm ok with that. But, for the most part, I usually have to keep my thoughts to myself. That is soooo not easy for me! So that's why I started this blog.
I find that I'm leaning more and more toward a more natural lifestyle. It started with natural birth. Even though I was in a hospital, I birthed all three of my girls without being induced and without medications. My interest in doing things naturally has progressed from that.
I recently started cloth diapering my baby. I wouldn't even consider it with my first two. Who wants to fold, pin, and wash diapers? And who can stand those horrible plastic pants? Not me! No mam. And yet I found that cloth diapers are nothing like that at all. Well, except for the washing part which I, strangely, don't mind at all.
The cloth diaper community has opened me up to a whole new world of natural living. For example: Did you know most commercial health and care products are dangerous? From disposable menstrual products to baby shampoo. I'll write more about that later.
So, in my pursuit of more natural and healthy living, I've decided to share my findings, share what I've decided to do about it, and share how it's working out. Will anyone ever read this blog? Perhaps not. But at least I now have an outlet and an organization to my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment